Sunday, October 19, 2008

Elli's Latest Cuteness

We are hearing alot of fun phrases from Elli these days. We thought we would share a few of our favorites:

On the way home from church I see some goats and I say:
M:"Oh Look Elli, Billy Goats"
E: "Billy Goats? That is a funny word. But we can just call them goats also"
M:"Yes Elli"
E: "But we can call them billy goats too because they have belly buttons"

On the way to the toystore, Elli and Abby's seats are on opposite sides of the backseat:
E: "Mom, maybe we can put our seats together"
M: "Why Elli"
E: "Then we can do hugging and kissing in the back seat!"

On the way home from the temple. Kyle and I take turns going in and watching the girls:
E: "Mom, I can wear your skirt, then I can go in the temple too. Then when I am done I will come out and you can wear your skirt and go in!!!"
M: "Elli you are going to go into the temple someday and its going to be so wonderful!"
E: "Yeah, and you and Dad can stay outside and watch Abby"

Mom and Elli role playing introductions:
M: "Hello, what is your name?"
E: "Elli Holzer"
M: "Oh, nice to meet you Elli and where do you come from?"
E: "Daddy!"
M: "Oh and who is that (pointing to Dad and hoping to hear the word Kyle)
E: "Daddy Holzer"

E: "Mom, I am going to have children"
M: "Oh great! How many?"
E: "Four", "and they are going to be blue"
M: "Oh really?"
E: "Yes, and they are going to sleep in my bed. One on the top bunk and one on the bottom"
M: "Really? And wear will you sleep?"
E: "In mom and dad's bed"

After talking about our visit home to Grandpas house for the holidays"
E: "Mom I'm so cited to jump on the Grampoline!"

Coming home from Kindergarten
E: "Mom I learned to speak German today"
M: "You did?"
E: "Yeah, I can say 'sola' (spreading her arms wide)
[fyi: sola is not a german word]
M: "Wow! That's great!"
E: "Yeah, Elli can speak German and Daddy can speak German, but Mom, you can't speak German"
She's right!

8 comments:

karren said...

So awesome to see the growing complexity of Elli's speech and ideas.

Brumbaugh Family said...

How fun. Thanks for the laughs.

Jake F. said...

Priceless Sal, I love it. Give the family some squeezes for us.

Brook said...

So cute!

CommonMama said...

That was a lot of fun to read! By any chance is the brumbaugh comment from Emily? Could you give my info to her? I would love to keep in touch with her!

Justin said...

Wow. Elli is a good little talker. It's fun to see/hear her little mind at work.
thanks for the conversations - they made me laugh.

We look forward to seeing you guys...

Joanna said...

Haha. It made me so happy to read that. Your kids are so adorable.

Justin said...

had to read this post again. It's a hoot.