Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kyle's Commute

My bikeride through fields and forest. It really is a pretty ride. Takes me usually 20min - this video is at 4x speed so it lasts under 5 minutes. Beware, it is a bit choppy. If you look fast you can see beautiful barren fields(harvest just happened), a Porsche, a tractor, another biker I pass like he's standing still, a red light I run and the corresponding honk from an admiring observer. All from my helmet mount camera thanks to a bunch of hot glue.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

You and your hot glue! That was great. You'd get killed in Italy riding that far. It's nice that Germany has bike paths.

Jake F. said...

Great video Kyle. I enjoyed it immensely. You chose the perfect song too I might add. Does the weather stay cool enough in Germany that you're not a mess when you arrive at work?

Angie said...

wow...it's like walking (or riding) down memory lane:). clever idea!

karren said...

It was nice to see beautiful Germany again Kyle. Thanks for the quick tour. You are very clever.

Ginger said...

Kyle, you are too funny!

Heidi said...

That was fantastic!! I think you should wear that for a whole week.

A*Waite said...

Awesome! I loved seeing the pathway to your work again!! What a beautiful place. Thanks for letting me come visit last year!

Jamie said...

Wow, what great trails! :) Gotta love those eco-friendly Germans! And good for you for riding! Have you gotten any biking shorts yet? They really make the ride much more comfy - you could even wear regular shorts over them to hide them. ;) Although, I'll have to look again at what you're riding - you probably don't need them on a mountain bike, but boy do they save the buns on road bikes. :) Oh, and I agree, good music choice for your video.

Anonymous said...

My goodness! That is a great ride, with paved path all the way. No wonder you keep biking. Good exercise with all that fresh air.
How creative to set up your own movie camera!
Love, Mom