Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strawberries!!!

There is a strawberry field - pay and pick - just outside of our town a few blocks from our house. This day was especially momentous for me(Kyle) as I was also picking strawberries as a four year old with my family in Germany the same as Elli. I remember how good the strawberries were, they are still awesome.


Elli did great. Sally has been able to work alot of strawberries into Elli's diet.


Our little Pinkalicious. Abby was the clean up crew - basically just stuffing as many strawberries as possible into her mouth as we picked.


We left the field with 5 kg of strawberries (about 12 lbs)! These boxes represents what was left after we all ate as much as we could for lunch when we got home. We ended up freezing a bunch and giving some away (we are so nice :) ). I think we should go strawberry picking next Saturday too.

4 comments:

karren said...

Your girls will remember there strawberry picking day as well.

Jen said...

Go figure! I just took our girls strawberry picking this week too :) They had a great time! I'm sorry to say I forgot the camera though :( It will be a fun memory for all of us.

Anonymous said...

What darling little strawberry pickers!! And what a great family activity!!
Love,
Grandma H.

Angie said...

Hey! I don't remember strawberry picking as a child...they must have left me home that day:). You should be gettting my new books in the next week!! Thx again for all your inspiration:)

xo
ang