Sunday, February 15, 2009

France - Strasbourg


This was a wonderful looking bakery on the corner of the French town we visited. Sally was the good supportive mom eating brussels sprouts and rice cakes with Elli and Abby and their special diets. I did my part to support the local economy and bought a crouscant and an eclare. They were delicious. The lady was trying to speak to me but the only thing from high school I could remember was Bonjour and Merci. Where is Justin when I need him?


Behind us was the largest church in town. Your regular rediculously enormous ornate cathedral in the center of town. This french town is about 1.5 hours drive from our house. We spent Saturday morning there, it was a neat town.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Dang Sal, now that is willpower. At the very least I would have bought a secret eclaire and hid it in my purse until I was out of the girls' sight. Sounds like a fun trip!

Justin said...

Wow am I jealous.
I used to have dreams where I'd be at a French Patisserie with Kyle and I'd show him all the cool pastries. Try a pain aux raisins for me.
And next time, tell the person behind the counter, "Monsieur Ray ton." "Je vaix a la piscine avec mon cochon." They're sure to give you a free pastry.

karren said...

Lets see. That is Italy, Switzerland, Britian, France and Germany. Not bad.