Thursday, January 24, 2008





We took a trip to the castle of Hohenzollern. This castle was originally built by a the family in the 1100's and they eventually became the most powerful family in Germany. The first King of Prussia came from them in the 1800's. This was our last trip with Angie. We all mourned her departure. We tried to throw her in the dunguen to make her stay. I didn't find the dungeon.



This is my (Kyle's) Harry Potter castle as I was reading my first Harry Potter book when I visited this castle the first time.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That looks like a very cool castle!!

Tan said...

Hi, Kyle & Sally, Justin told me where to find your blog. It's fun to see you and how much your kids have grown. I don't remember meeting Elly in person; did I? And fun to see you in Germany. Cherry and a friend (not that kind of friend) were in Germany for Christmas. I think actually they were in Prague for Christmas eve, but were in Germany to do some of the Christkindelmaerkte. It was too close to Christmas for good shopping, but beautiful. We are going to Austria in September, but as usual we could not convince Paul that there is anything other than Austria in Europe. He thinks the other countries are a conspiracy of mapmakers (I think that's from a play, I didn't make it up). I think you can click my name and go to my blog but it's all about knitting. We don't put the kids on it because non-family members read it.

Tan said...

No, actually I did meet Elly, it's Abby I haven't met.

Unknown said...

Tan! I'm glad JT gave you our blog address. It would be fun to see you in September if that would work out.